In this section, we’ll explain how you operate the menu once you’re ready to get started using VitaSim Author.
You’re able to open the menu in three ways:
- With your left thumb, click the button ’Y’ on the controller to open the menu, click again to close
- Reach out your arms and you’ll notice a blue ’i’ icon on your wrists. Continue to look at the icon on one of your wrists until an orange circle outlines the icon and the menu will pop up
- With your indexfinger, tap on the ’i’ icon on your wrist to open or close the menu
When you open the menu, you’ll see three options at the top of the menu:
To pick an option in the menu, point the laser beam at the content you wish to engage with and click the button under your index finger.
The ‘create’ tab
When you click create, four categories will appear on the left side of the menu.
- Environments – pick your surroundings (3D environments, 360 images, 360 videos)
- Add objects – objects to fill your environment with
- Save room – click to save your room. Name it and click the check mark to save
- Load room – find your previously saved rooms. Scroll the list by pointing your laser at the list and use your thumb pad to navigate. To load a room, click the play button in the adjoining white box.
The ‘record’ tab
Gives you an option to record in 2D or 3D. We’ll get back to this in another walk-through.
The ‘manage’ tab
This is where you’ll find your preexisting content. 2D recordings, 3D recordings and the various training rooms you’ve created. We’ll also elaborate on this in another walk through.
On the right side of the menu, you’ll find these five options:
- Close – closes the menu
- Back – go back in the menu
- Log out – log out to get to the main menu
- Clear room – remove all objects in the room
- Settings – will give you options to adjust